GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT RELEASE
There are two distribution formats:
- tar.gz bundle which can be unpacked and this way installed in a single directory,
- rpm which can be installed system-wide in the Linux standard locations.
The rpm is build and tested on Centos 6, noarch. It should work flawlessly also on SL6 and recent Fedora distributions. We may build packages for other distributions in future, however the tar.gz format should be fully portable. Java 8 JRE is the primary installation prerequisite. For more detailed installation information please check the Unity manual.
1.7.X RELEASE SERIES
Note: since this version Java 8 is required to run Unity.
The 1.7.0 release in the first place fixes numerous bugs that were found in 1.6.x releases.
The most important new features are:
- Support for PostgreSQL database backend.
- It is possible now to access (public) registration forms with a well known URLs. You need a special endpoint for this feature (enabled in 1.7.0 by default). The public link of a form is visible in its settings in AdminUI.
- It is possible to redirect user browser after registration and after confirming an email. This mechanism was partially available before (only for registration) but was reworked so redirection has rich information passed with parameters about operation state.
- A new input translation action – remove stale data – is available. It allows for removing stale data from Unity, so Unity database can be kept in sync with remote IdP.
Big thanks to everybody involved in this release!
DETAILED LIST OF CHANGES
- 476 Registration form is not cleared after cancellation
- 478 SAML&OAuth login context is not properly cleared when using registration form with redirects on IdP endpoint of Unity
- 479 SAML login session participants are duplicated
- 475 Better email validation (@@, invalid domains and other syntax mistakes are forbidden)
- 477 Better message for account association error when logging on existing account
Here you can download previous versions from the series and read their documentation: