IMPORTANT NOTE ON OPENJDK:
with introduction of latest Jetty HTTP server (used by Unity) it was observed that Firefox browser have troubles connecting to Unity launched on some of the OpenJDK distributions (e.g. Fedora). This is due to disabling EC TLS ciphers in affected OpenJDK. In case of troubles please use Oracle Java RE.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE RELEASE:
There are two distribution formats:
- tar.gz bundle which can be unpacked and this way installed in a single directory,
- rpm which can be installed system-wide in the Linux standard locations.
The rpm is build and tested on Centos 7, noarch. It should work flawlessly also on SL7 and recent Fedora distributions. We may build packages for other distributions in future, however the tar.gz format should be fully portable. Java 8 JRE is the primary installation prerequisite. For more detailed installation information please check the Unity manual.
2.1.X RELEASE SERIES
Release 2.1.0 brings notable enhancements in the OAuth area:
- The standard OAuth token refresh feature is now fully supported in Unity. Note that this must be enabled in configuration of the OAuth endpoint. See OAuth endpoint documentation for details.
- Unity supports now the OAuth token exchange protocol, allowing for simple multi-step delegation in OAuth environments. Again please consult OAuth endpoint documentation for technical details.
- REST API was enhanced with operations to manage all sorts of tokens maintained by Unity, including OAuth tokens.
- Both AdminUI and HomeUI allows for managing OAuth tokens (respectively all and only those owned). It is therefore possible to revoke issued grants from UI. Naturally management of refresh tokens is also supported.
Upgrade from 1.9.x to 2.0.0 series is not 100% automated, if upgrading from 1.9.x please follow carefully instructions from the 2.0.0 release. Upgrade from 2.0.0 is fully automatic, there were no changes in the storage layer.
DETAILED LIST OF CHANGES
Here you can download previous versions from the series and read their documentation:
There were no older revisions in this series yet.